- Library Services The library has twenty-six computers for patrons’ use. The library also offers monthly newsletters; one for adults on the main floor and one for children available in the Children’s Room downstairs, listing the important dates to remember for each month, etc.
- Books, Magazines, Videos, CD’s, Cassettes, and More … A collection of print and non-print media selected to meet the informational and recreational needs of our community is available for check-out.
- Readers’ Assistance Individual help in selecting materials for informational and recreational use, along with assistance in the use of library tools.
- Information Your library is the answer. What’s the question? Answers to your specific questions are diligently researched and cheerfully answered.
- Richland County History Room We have a special collection of materials concerned with local history. Photographs, manuscripts, and genealogies are just some of the resources available.Genealogy Websites
- Inter-Library Loan If our collection does not contain needed materials, they can be requested from other libraries via inter-library loan. We also have catalogs of audio and video cassettes that can be borrowed. Just ask at the desk.
- Children’s Programs Programs are scheduled for various age groups throughout the year. They include preschool and school-age story hours and the Summer Library Program.
- Family Night Programs Evening programs on topics of interest to children and adults. Expect anything from dancing to doll houses! Every other month. Watch for announcements of specific dates adn times. All programs are open to the pubic. Registration is not required, although it is sometimes requested to help us plan more efficiently. Call the library for specific information.
- Jigsaw Puzzle Exchange Bring in old puzzles you don’t need anymore and add them to the collection of puzzles we have on hand. Patrons take puzzles home on an honor system and return them when they’re done.
- Class Visits Bring your class to the library for tours, storytelling, or programs tailored to your needs. Day-Care groups are also welcome. (Must schedule in advance.)
- Supplemental Materials Materials on many subjects can be set aside for your students to use in the Library, or to check out. If planned in advance, materials can also be requested through inter-library loan.
- Teachers:You can help us help you!
- Visit the library. Become acquainted with library resources before making assignments.
- Notify the library in advance of assignments. We can tell you how much information the library has at your students’ level.
- Send the library a copy of the reading lists you use with your classes. If we don’t have a title, we may be able to suggest a substitute.