Part-time Library Custodian
Hours of Work:
20 hours per week as scheduled. $10-$11 per hour.
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Demonstrates knowledge of skills and abilities in using equipment, materials and supplies used in building and grounds maintenance. Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the use of equipment and supplies necessary to do minor repairs. Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and to complete daily activities according to work schedules. Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time. Ability to communicate orally and in writing. Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to establish effective working relationships with library staff and patrons.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain appearance and cleanliness of floors, carpets, furniture, walls, and other surfaces in the library building.
- Empty trash and recycling receptacles.
- Maintain clean and sanitary conditions in bathrooms.
- Replace lighting as required.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies; inform Library Director when supplies are needed.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of storage area.
- Keep parking lot and grounds free from rubbish and debris.
- Assist with other custodial/maintenance duties when required.
- Snow removal and sidewalk care.
- Lawn mowing.
Resume may be mailed or e-mailed on or before Friday May 19, 2017:
Martha Bauer, Library Director
Brewer Public Library
325 N Central Avenue
Richland Center, WI 53581